Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yet Another Whale Post

Yes, apologies for another whale post, but today I witnessed something very cool (from my desk as I was working) - an adult and baby humpback pair, both breaching!!

A first for me, and they kept doing it long enough that I thought I stood a chance of going and getting the big camera and trying to get a shot. Sure enough, I got the camera, big lens etc. and managed to catch the final couple of breaches before they went out of view from the lounge.

Apologies for the poor image quality - the whale is probably at least a mile away and there was a tonne of heat haze coming off the roofs in between my house and the ocean.

My big camera shoots five frames per second when it goes wild, so below is about 1.2 seconds of breach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home