Thursday, April 03, 2008

Whales Will Play

I awoke this morning to see that the bay was flat calm - it's been that way for a few days now.

I went cycling along the coast this morning and made my turning back point a little bit further on than normal so that there was a chance to see any whales that might be going past. I saw nothing.

This afternoon though, sitting at my desk (which is carefully positioned so that I can see the bay), I caught sight of a blow or two out in the bay. After I got the binoculars on the show, there were two humpbacks, one of which was tail slapping.

This went on all afternoon and into the evening as the sun went down - two sets of whales, and once of them tail slapping every 30-40 minutes or so.

I don't think office window views get any better than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home