Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hitting the Slopes Again

I caught the snow bus from the Surf Shop again and got to go snowboarding for the day at Kirkwood. The weather was a little too warm, but the snow held up well and I had a fun time.

According to the GPS, I covered right around 40 miles going up and down the slopes. The GPS data is here.

This time, I also got the point and shoot camera out and put it into video mode and took a run down probably my favorite Kirkwood run, Elevator Shaft, which is a longer run on the backside of the mountain.

I normally top 30 mph on this run, but from the GPS data, it looks like I topped out at 27 mph with the camera in my hand - I guess I was wary of crashing with the camera out after all!

Note the deliberate pan to show my shadow at a couple of stages of the video - amazing I got myself in the frame as I certainly wasn't looking at the camera when I did it. Beginner's luck!



At the end of the video, you can see the mass of people waiting for the lift. The lines were a lot better than last time I was here, but still, I'd prefer no lines! Talking to different folks on the lifts, it sounds like during the week, there were no lines and on the weekends, when the "locals" such as myself come out, the lines appear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home