Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Calm Between The Storms

We've had a string of storms rolling through the Bay Area recently - which is a good thing for our water situation, though stopped me signing up for this Sat's Snow Bus.

This weekend was supposed to be stormy all weekend long, but as I awoke Saturday morning, the weather was dry (though the sky was threatening). I decided to pounce on the opportunity and go for a bike ride. The hills would be too wet for a mountain bike ride - it will be a week or two of dry weather before those trails dry out enough to be navigable.

So instead, I hit the recreation trail and the road out by the coast and into 17 mile drive. I soon decided that Pebble Beach should be my goal.


As you can see from the above photo, I made it - this is the 18th at Pebble Beach and preparations were well underway for the upcoming PGA tournament and pro-am - you can see the temporary grandstand at the 17th on the right of the photo.

I got to see a turkey vulture close up on the ride there (there was a raccoon road kill that the vulture was interested in), but by the time I got the camera out of my pocket, it had gotten spooked by my presence and had flown off.

In all, the ride was 27 miles long, a little bit hilly as I got close to PB and took around 2 hours - a very nice way to spend time between winter storms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home