Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Five Go Mad At Northstar

Corn, Mashed Potatoes - all gravy!

This last weekend I took part in the (warning, US phrasing coming up) second annual Shutterfly Web Development Ski Trip. Although I've not been working for Shutterfly for either trip, I receive special dispensation to attend and now I've now made my second trip - aren't the folks still there nice to allow it!

This year, five of us made the journey - Amy, Nancy, Mike, Jim and myself - Roo, Gary and Allison all failed to make the second year for various reasons, regardless, the five of us that went had a grand old time.


Just as last year, we stayed at Nancy's in-laws house on the north shore of Lake Tahoe. The house puts us in the middle of a bunch of different ski resorts - this year we hit Northstar. I'd never been to Northstar before, but Mike's been a semi-regular there and took us to the best bits.

It's getting towards the end of the season, so it was a bit warm, but we went high up the mountain and stuck to the backside, where the snow was pretty decent and the runs were a lot of fun.

Jim likes to head off on his own and explore all the runs, so that left the other four of us to stick together. The lifts were high speed quads, so we got to ride on the lifts as a group of four all day long.

Below, you can see Mike's photo of (left to right) Nancy, Amy and me as we rode up the Backside Express after one of our runs.


This time, I didn't take the GPS, so no geeky data - but we were all worn out by the end of the day.

We ate at a local, very family run Italian restaurant nearby and the drive up and down was a lot less dramatic than last year's epic drive, all in all a very enjoyable weekend.

As it was a Shutterfly trip, lots of photos were taken - see them all here.

It's a fun bunch of people and I had a great time catching up with all of them and finding out the latest Shutterfly gossip and news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home