Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Hot Day on the Bay

Yes, it was rather warm today. My day started with a Mountain Bike ride around most of the race course at Fort Ord for my preparation for next week's Sea Otter race, which will be my first ever mountain bike race.

It was so warm I had to stop, have a rest and strip down to the minimum set of clothing I could get away with.

After that, I realized that Pacific Grove was holding its Good Old Days festival - which promised to be a rather large Art and Craft festival - definitely worth checking out, so I did!

Besides a whole tonne of your typical art/craft booths, there were various stages with different kinds of music, plus a small hot rod car show and various other "side" events.


After that, I walked home again along the coast - the bay was very calm, though if you look closely in the photo below, you'll see some sort of wildfire throwing smoke into the sky in the background.


Although it pains me to write this, given this was the first really warm weekend of the year, thankfully it's supposed to cool down during the week, so my MTB race on Friday should be in good conditions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home